I’m sure you’ve heard the expression: don’t judge a book by its cover. And yearbook publishers may never believe that to be a true statement. After all, they are in the business of creating school yearbook memories.
The front cover is the first impression of your yearbook, and it makes promises about what can be found inside.
Yearbook Publishers – What You Need To Know
Year book publishers are experienced professionals who understand the yearbook themes and publishing process from beginning to end.
They speak a language all their own, but their experience is there for the taking. And they are familiar with special school themes and school spirit projects that often make significant contributions to the yearbook planning efforts.
Award winning covers, expertly assembled layouts, budget preparations and photographic inclusions are just a few of the talents publishers have to offer.
Yearbook publishing companies
There are several quality year book publishing companies to choose from. Year-book publishers are more than printers. They have:
- a large assortment of ideas
- previously published examples
- advice on how to achieve the final effect your school strives for during the creation process
Working closely with your school and the student yearbook committee, publishers understand that there are a variety of people inputting to the project and each has a different viewpoint.
Here are some yearbook publisher sites to review.
People involved in making a yearbook
- Advisor – insures the project material is appropriate (this is a great book for yearbook advisors, to help them keep everything organized)
- Editor – makes sure there are no typos and project is completed on time; he or she represents the student body
- Administration – sees the project not just as a student project, but as a way to reach out to the families and community
- Parent advisor – wants to make sure the yearbook is fairly representative of all the people who are part of the school’s success
- Student committee members – do most of the actual work and are emissaries of the yearbook committee
Professional yearbook publishers are able to work with all levels of people. They know that each page turned… contains a message for the reader about your school, its students and the achievements of both.
Yearbook publishers – a stitch in time
There are so many decisions that must be made when publishing a yearbook! Though schools publish each year, every new class wants their individuality to be expressed.
Decisions range from the number of pages the yearbook will contain to the kind of stitching for the binding.
- Size of Book, including number of pages and actual cover size
- Whether there will be cover personalization
- Kind of cover such as soft or hard
- Cover material
- Whether autograph inserts are to be included
- How much color can be included based on the budget
- Determining how many photographs can be included and how many natural spreads
- The kind of cover imprinting – stitched, foiled, painted and so on
- Delivery of the yearbooks to your school and to pre-orders from the community
The number of details seems endless, but year book publishers have well laid out planning documents your school and students can use.
The management tools help the yearbook committee make sure nothing is missed.
School yearbook online – remote control
This is the electronic age and publishers are as much a part of it as any other business. Online year-book publishers are available and offer a creative array of online services.
Students can now have access to publishing software 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
There are software creation tools that make the job much simpler than it used to be. There is remote access to the yearbook project online so students can work on the yearbook from their home if necessary.
There are even digital yearbooks available now.
Yearbook publishers can help any school, whether it is elementary, middle school, high school or a university.
These are great times for students, and year-book publishers are there to help record them in a very special yearbook!
Yearbook staff shirts
Help the yearbook staff stand out and create a bond with a yearbook staff tee shirt. Here are a few ideas.
Once the yearbook is done, it’s time to give it to students. And they’ll be eager to sign each other’s yearbooks. Here are a few accessories to make it easier and more fun for kids to interact with their year books.